- Follows MOE mainstream academic curriculum (except NO Mother Tongue) leading to PSLE qualifications
- Non-academic curriculum comprising:
- Specialised courses such as gymnastics, IT skills, social & thinking skills, daily living skills, project management skills etc.
- Self-organisation routines. (e.g. managing bag, time management, etc)
- Self-regulation and work habits.
- Planned integration activities with mainstream schools.
The minimum age of admission is 7 years old. Applicants will be assessed for suitability to either of our following Primary 1 programmes:
- Applicants assessed to have the readiness skills and ability to access the Singapore Primary 1 curriculum in a group setting will be offered a placement in our Primary 1 Standard* class.
- Applicants assessed to be able to access mainstream academics but require an additional Foundation year to build their school readiness for standard Primary 1 curriculum, will be offered our Primary 1 Foundation Programme. Students from this programme will move on to Primary 1 Standard* the following year.
* Pathlight's Primary 1 Standard is similar to mainstream Primary 1 curriculum.
The programme prepares children for inclusion into a typical mainstream school or Pathlight School's Primary 1 Programme.
The curriculum of Primary 1 Foundation Programme focuses on:
- Bridging gaps for standard Primary 1 academic readiness in:
- Building non-academic readiness skills:
- Work Habits
- Nurturing functional communication & social skills with specialised courses such as gymnastics, computer and IT skills, daily living skills etc.